|100 in 1000
- Spend a week up a mountain learning to ski
- Visit Karoline's place in Moravia
Hold a conversation in Czech (only)
- Drink 500ml of each of the following beers:
- Velke Popovice
- U Fleku
Respond to at least one GOARN request (WHO and MSF are
Travel across the Atlantic
Return to South America
- Read a book to, or with, an impressionably aged child
- Participate in one NanoWriMo Challenge and come within at least 10,000 words of the goal length
Have my nose pierced
- Have my next tattoo drawn
Purchase the perfect jeans (x 2 pairs)
- Attend a spin class 3 times a week for 8 consecutive weeks
- Bake Viv's cheesecake
Make David's casserole
Make David's Chicken Cashew-nut Stirfry
Invite 4 people who don't know one another too well to dinner
- Ride from Vienna to Venice on a motorbike (pillion acceptable, those less desirable)
- Attend a book group for at least two books
- Go on a choir weekend (learn and perform difficult piece in two/three days)
- Visit Madame Tussaud's (in London)
- Take an architecture appreciation course
Join an all-girl group and sing a solo
Publish in a scientific journal (top two authors)
Cook a duck or other 'waterfowl'.
Locate the Al-Timimi's from Doha Veterinary Practise
Have a pedicure
Maintain a Brazilian (ouch) for three months.
Find a trustworthy Czech hairdresser
- Treat my inner-6-year-old twice a week (at least)
- Do the liver-cleansing diet properly (12 weeks)
- Don't eat out for one month
Find a flat and flatmate
- Purchase one Joseph sweater
- Purchase one of the following pairs of
designer shoes (they MUST also be COMFORTABLE, and be able to be worn with 4
different outfits and 2 types of occasion): Jimmy Choos, Manolo Blahniks,
Christian Louboutin (Ebay or 2nd hand are acceptable)
- Send 5 books to the booksphere and track them.
- Go hanggliding
- Read 10 'classic' books (from 1001 Books to Read before you Die)
Everything is illuminated
Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance
On the Road
- Run (non-stop!) for 5kms outside (preferably in a street race thingy)
- Send Christmas Cards on time
Make a collage/mural out of street lights on my wall
Buy a bed, build it, and sleep soundly in it
Go to Africa
Host an 'event' (classified as and when)
Organise a 30th Birthday Party
Wear a costume
- Sing on stage
- Buy a painting that evokes memories of Prague (cannot involve queues!)
Learn a god-damned card game that stays in my memory (other than fish/snap)
See sunrise. Be sober. Have woken for it. Excludes months Nov-Mar
- Take a walk and flip coins at each intersection
- Draft a will
- Take a roadtrip
Go to Italy already
- Sea Kayak around Abel Tasman Park (NZ)
Take a train to another Eastern European Destination (accession countries are acceptable) alone preferably.
- Get UK to give me a provisional motorcyclists license and simultaneously get a 'card' license.
- Go SCUBA diving again - at least two dives lasting 30mins each.
Go to a dentist. *sigh*
- Do a Czech Wine Trail. And live to tell the tale
- Make an 'outbreak emergency kit'.
- Go to bed prior to 11pm every night (inc weekends) for four consecutive weeks.
- Marvel over lack of tiredness
- Dine at a Gordon Ramsey restaurant (or Nobu)- preferably for free.
Bet on the nags
- Do something for charity (applying and getting a 'red card' will count)
- Walk along the Champs Elysee
- Do 100 sit ups in a row
- Do 50 pressups (arms in tight)
- Make branston pickle (or nearest substitute)
- Cook something 'new' and 'adventurous' at least once a month
Find a mentor
Be a mentor
Learn what mentoring is all about
Meet an online person in real life
Resist the flirt. Once. Just one night. It's okay if people don't immediately succumb to my natural charm. Really it is.
Spend time at a spa (spa towns in the CR don't count)
- Send a care package to someone
Get a Tata Bojs CD
- Take a French/German/Dutch course and SPEAK THE DAMNED LANGUAGE WHEN I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES ME SOUND
LIKE AN IDIOT!
- Order new contact lenses.
Make a list of things I take with me when I pack for different occasions
- Eat lobster. Prepared by someone else.
Back up the blog
Put everything onto an external hard drive
- Find a DDR mat and console and 'dance, I say dance!'�
- Go to the beach and lie on the warm sand. For an hour. (with sunscreen on, natch)
- Take and complete a course in either: Tango, Salsa or Flamenco
- Join the Municipal Library of Prague
- Move to another country
Go to a live concert of a band I actually like
- Pay off debts (student loan excl.)
Send thank you cards for every gift I receive (other than the gift of happiness, blah blah blah).
- Get an agent (literary or theatre)
- Go to a sports bar without cringing, by personal choice
- Ride a rollercoaster
- Hold a snake
Spend a day wandering around a museum (not art gallery!) |
| A different sort of interrogation
| Wednesday, 8 August 2007
|1. You and Jesus go out to dinner - who pays?
Given I would have spent the entire dinner ordering water and asking him to, ‘y’know, do yo thang’, I’m sure he’d have climbed out of the window. But I’d know the answer to the question “if you start with bubbly water, will you end up with champers?” – not to mention a bill for 5 glasses of water.
2. You suddenly have to flee the country and adopt a new name…what would it be?
I am ALWAYS fleeing the country, and undergoing name changes. I can’t think what the next one will be, but perhaps Morgana Llewellyn. I shall also be growing my hair long and wearing flowing gowns – and living amongst a pagan settlement in Wales, possibly making spells.
3. Pick one state in the U.S. to get rid of permanently?
Er? Rid of? Like Atlantis? Or just abandon from the U bit of the US name? I don’t know, what a ridiculous question.
4. You wake up as the opposite gender. What's the one thing you wanna do?
Walk down the street, and take a pee against someone else’s wall, just because, y’know, the urge hit me suddenly, and I no longer have to wait.
5. Luke Skywalker or Han Solo?
Duh! Han Solo. Skywalker is WAY too whiny.
6. Toy you always wanted but never got as a child?
Horse (okay, not sure it counts as a ‘toy’ per se, but My Little Pony was also on the list).
7. What was the worst thing you ever ate?
Liver. Also: kidney. Blee.
8.The last time you laughed until your stomach hurt?
Tuesday, most likely. Hanging with the person who makes me laugh the most.
9. What is the last movie you saw that actually scared you?
10. Stupidest thing you've ever said out loud?
I’m one of those people who start sentences and don’t finish them. A lot. Usually because I realise it’s going to come out all stupid.
11. You're sentenced to death and its the morning of your execution: what do you want to eat?
What a lovely thought. It depends on the time of my impending death. I mean, either I’m having ‘breakfast’ or I’m having my ‘last meal’, so there’s a world of difference folks. I bet Mum would be chuffed to know I’d like her slaving over a hot stove on my penultimate evening, but a slice of her filet de boef en croute (avec les champignons s’il te plait!) with roast veges would go down a treat. Followed, possibly, by a cheese plate. On the other hand, if I’m particularly nervous, I might limit it to a piece of Viv’s cheesecake, or go really ‘supermarket’ and get some Philadelphia on digestives into me. Mmmmm. Philadelphia. (“Oh my God!! I’ll be able to buy cream cheese!!!”)
12. What's something that most people do that you've never done?
Get married. Have a baby. Divorce. (note: ‘most’ in this case is defined by >50% females aged 30 in western society)
13. Before you die you want to go to...?
Africa. Deepest darkest, want-to-climb-Mt-Kilimanjaro-before-I-die Africa.
14. What's the last thing you ate?
15. A wild animal you'd like to have as a pet?
A leopard. Or an otter.
16. A drug you'll never try?
Heroin. (Dad must be so proud that there’s a line drawn!)
17. If you were an animal, what would you be?
Er, leopard. *sigh*
18. If you had to marry someone you knew at the age of 12, who would it have been?
12? Where was I? Oh yeah: Doha. Amr. We’re still friends now, that’s gotta count for something right?
19. What's something a lot of people don't know about you?
I want everyone to like me. (okay, so maybe a lot of people already know that, but do they know that I know that I know it?)
20. First celebrity crush?
Pierce Brosnan. Big thanks to Mamma, who let me stay up and watch Remington Steele. *swoon*
21. What's a weapon to suit your personality, habits and abilities?
Bow and arrow. Stand at a distance, aim, fire. Precision shots. Walk away unscathed.
22. Best flavor of runts?
Aren’t they like nerds? 9, help a girl out here…
23. Favorite breakfast bread style (pancakes, waffles, toast etc...).
Eggs Montreal (poached on a split, toasted English muffin that’s been slathered with Philadelphia (again) and smothered with smoked salmon, before being liberally doused with grapefruit hollandaise. Oh, and with a dollop of sun-dried tomato pesto on the egg too.)
24. Favorite movie?
The Crow/Blues Brothes/Reservoir Dogs/The Goonies/Star Wars/Ice Age/The Holiday – I’m a movie whore…I like nearly everything I see.
25. Worst way to die?
26. Grossest injury you've ever seen?
A friend of mine rode his bike into a pile of bricks at the bottom of our garden and was extricated from them complete (!?) with a compound fracture of his tibia. Purdy. That and my brother lying still in a spreading pool of blood against the steel beams (also at the bottom of our garden – I swear, it was deadly down there) with one tooth jammed up into his soft palette and the other one knocked out – having raced ME to the bike shed (and lost, obviously)…that was pretty horrible.
27. The worst injury you've ever had?
ACL rupture due to a sweep failing miserably (well, other than that it did take me down – and out – quite successfully) whilst sparring at my brown belt grading.
28. Favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
We don’t do that. But I’m sure I’d really like pumpkin pie.
29. Sport you hate the most?
Snooker. Or darts. I mean, really. Those are ‘games’ not ‘sports’.
30. What state in the US do you want to visit?
31. What's something you think would be sweet to know everything about?
How the brain works.
32. Favorite Actor/Actress?
For what? Acting? Or just to drool over? Not answering this one.
33. What's one phrase you absolutely detest?
”Show us yer tits.”, I mean, really – can you not come up with anything more original?
34. What makes an awesome party?
Great people, environment, accompaniment and entertainment.
35. What's your favorite material possession?
It’s really a collection of four items: the beaded whiskey bottle originally given to my Grandma, the peacock feather fan given to me by Mamma, the Rangitoto island picture given to me by David and the Moroccan lamp I hauled back from Fez.
36. What's something that most consider an insult but you enjoy having said about you?
”You’re too much.” Yes, I am. Now deal with it, or get the out of my way.
37. Favorite kind of dog(s)?
Weimeranas, Greyhounds, and Dobermans (men?) – short fur, nice temperaments, no jowls. Ooh…just how I like my men.
38. Favorite carnival food?
Battered 5th grade meat products on a stick, dipped in Whitlocks tomato sauce. I heart manfield.
39. Morning or night person?
Towit – towooo…
40. What's the worst part about taking the bus?
The smell of wet laundry when it’s been raining and the bus is warm. That and not being able to see your stop out of the window when it’s steamed up. Or is that: what’s the worst part about the rain?!
41. Weirdest Ebay purchase?
Dice. Don’t ask.
42. Who's your man/woman crush?
Clive Owen, Wentworth Miller or Ioan Gruffudd (his name will go so well with my secret new identity, no?)
43. Its Saturday at 3am.?
And I’m dancing with mates, holding a vodka, lime and soda in one hand.
44. Who's your favorite friend to go out with?
Well, Lira – except she’s on the other side of the world. So, J1 or J2 fit the bill. Pretty much for everything – except shopping. I’m a solitary shopper.
45. Worst job you've ever had?
I liked all my jobs. Sort of.
46. What's something your friends make fun of you for?
Me thinking I’m shy. I am, damnit.
47. Favorite cereal?
Oats. Puffed/rolled/toasted: I like me them oats.
48. Book you could read repeatedly?
RepEATedly? So not just twice? Sheesh: The Book of Questions then. Cos it’s not really a ‘read’ as such – but it IS a page turner (I should get into copywriting shouldn’t I?).
49. What's the meanest thing you've ever done?
Lived well. Oh yes, THAT revenge is the sweetest.
50. If you were drafted into a war, would you survive?
Given I’d be in the ‘intel’ section, it’s possible I wouldn’t. I mean: have you any idea how hostile those Welsh sheep really are when they find out you’re a spy?
Note: tales from London to follow.
|posted by Nomes @ Wednesday, August 08, 2007
You like your dogs how you like your men-- hee!
Oaty person with a penchant for all things Welsh? It takes some genius to compare dogs to men...