|100 in 1000
- Spend a week up a mountain learning to ski
- Visit Karoline's place in Moravia
Hold a conversation in Czech (only)
- Drink 500ml of each of the following beers:
- Velke Popovice
- U Fleku
Respond to at least one GOARN request (WHO and MSF are
Travel across the Atlantic
Return to South America
- Read a book to, or with, an impressionably aged child
- Participate in one NanoWriMo Challenge and come within at least 10,000 words of the goal length
Have my nose pierced
- Have my next tattoo drawn
Purchase the perfect jeans (x 2 pairs)
- Attend a spin class 3 times a week for 8 consecutive weeks
- Bake Viv's cheesecake
Make David's casserole
Make David's Chicken Cashew-nut Stirfry
Invite 4 people who don't know one another too well to dinner
- Ride from Vienna to Venice on a motorbike (pillion acceptable, those less desirable)
- Attend a book group for at least two books
- Go on a choir weekend (learn and perform difficult piece in two/three days)
- Visit Madame Tussaud's (in London)
- Take an architecture appreciation course
Join an all-girl group and sing a solo
Publish in a scientific journal (top two authors)
Cook a duck or other 'waterfowl'.
Locate the Al-Timimi's from Doha Veterinary Practise
Have a pedicure
Maintain a Brazilian (ouch) for three months.
Find a trustworthy Czech hairdresser
- Treat my inner-6-year-old twice a week (at least)
- Do the liver-cleansing diet properly (12 weeks)
- Don't eat out for one month
Find a flat and flatmate
- Purchase one Joseph sweater
- Purchase one of the following pairs of
designer shoes (they MUST also be COMFORTABLE, and be able to be worn with 4
different outfits and 2 types of occasion): Jimmy Choos, Manolo Blahniks,
Christian Louboutin (Ebay or 2nd hand are acceptable)
- Send 5 books to the booksphere and track them.
- Go hanggliding
- Read 10 'classic' books (from 1001 Books to Read before you Die)
Everything is illuminated
Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintainance
On the Road
- Run (non-stop!) for 5kms outside (preferably in a street race thingy)
- Send Christmas Cards on time
Make a collage/mural out of street lights on my wall
Buy a bed, build it, and sleep soundly in it
Go to Africa
Host an 'event' (classified as and when)
Organise a 30th Birthday Party
Wear a costume
- Sing on stage
- Buy a painting that evokes memories of Prague (cannot involve queues!)
Learn a god-damned card game that stays in my memory (other than fish/snap)
See sunrise. Be sober. Have woken for it. Excludes months Nov-Mar
- Take a walk and flip coins at each intersection
- Draft a will
- Take a roadtrip
Go to Italy already
- Sea Kayak around Abel Tasman Park (NZ)
Take a train to another Eastern European Destination (accession countries are acceptable) alone preferably.
- Get UK to give me a provisional motorcyclists license and simultaneously get a 'card' license.
- Go SCUBA diving again - at least two dives lasting 30mins each.
Go to a dentist. *sigh*
- Do a Czech Wine Trail. And live to tell the tale
- Make an 'outbreak emergency kit'.
- Go to bed prior to 11pm every night (inc weekends) for four consecutive weeks.
- Marvel over lack of tiredness
- Dine at a Gordon Ramsey restaurant (or Nobu)- preferably for free.
Bet on the nags
- Do something for charity (applying and getting a 'red card' will count)
- Walk along the Champs Elysee
- Do 100 sit ups in a row
- Do 50 pressups (arms in tight)
- Make branston pickle (or nearest substitute)
- Cook something 'new' and 'adventurous' at least once a month
Find a mentor
Be a mentor
Learn what mentoring is all about
Meet an online person in real life
Resist the flirt. Once. Just one night. It's okay if people don't immediately succumb to my natural charm. Really it is.
Spend time at a spa (spa towns in the CR don't count)
- Send a care package to someone
Get a Tata Bojs CD
- Take a French/German/Dutch course and SPEAK THE DAMNED LANGUAGE WHEN I HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY EVEN THOUGH IT MAKES ME SOUND
LIKE AN IDIOT!
- Order new contact lenses.
Make a list of things I take with me when I pack for different occasions
- Eat lobster. Prepared by someone else.
Back up the blog
Put everything onto an external hard drive
- Find a DDR mat and console and 'dance, I say dance!'�
- Go to the beach and lie on the warm sand. For an hour. (with sunscreen on, natch)
- Take and complete a course in either: Tango, Salsa or Flamenco
- Join the Municipal Library of Prague
- Move to another country
Go to a live concert of a band I actually like
- Pay off debts (student loan excl.)
Send thank you cards for every gift I receive (other than the gift of happiness, blah blah blah).
- Get an agent (literary or theatre)
- Go to a sports bar without cringing, by personal choice
- Ride a rollercoaster
- Hold a snake
Spend a day wandering around a museum (not art gallery!) |
| Christmas is….
| Wednesday, 10 January 2007
|Having friends/family visit
To-ing and fro-ing to their place from mine, rendering mine a virtually uninhabited shell decorated with empty boxes and bags, MUCH dirty cutlery (but how!?) and dirty cups and glasses. Duvets dragged half onto the floor optional.
The search for ingredients
How is it possible for shops to run out of pineapple rings, brown sugar (that isn’t truly brown sugar anyway) and glace cherries? We’ve since discovered the latter next to the jam section. Silly old us!
The search for tinsel
"I've got tinsel by aisle three, no!!!! Someone's stolen it, you?"
"There's a tug of tinsel going on out here, check the flower shop near our house would you?"
The Christmas Tree Nazi
"No, not like that. You put those baubles over there, then - no - " dramatic sigh, "look, for heaven's sake people, it goes like this...."
“okay, if you take this roasting pan and use it for 45mins, by the time it cools – Adam, what’s the thermoculpabilitythingamebob for painted aluminium? – then we’ll be ready to use it to catch all the fat from the goose which’ll be lying on the rack above…”
The clearing up afterwards
“um, Emma, are you seriously mopping the floor with knickers?”
Courtesy of orgasmatron – only lost for part of the evening
"Yes, I promise, it’ll be a blast, and kill two birds with one stone."
“But, but, WHY!|?!?!?”
“Nope, I didn’t take your scarf out…I think…”
Little Britain season 1, Extras season 1, Nighthawks, Good Night & Good Luck, The Proposition, X-Men III: The Last Stand, Cars…
(I'd like to say I was kidding, but I'm not. Seriously - we got through all that on Boxing Day! Impressed? Or just a little scared?)
“I’ve got, mustard, cheese, ham, butter on white toast – you?”
‘hmm, it’s seven o’clock in the evening on Boxing Day. I suppose I could wash my face, but I’m still not having a shower!’
The hats, makeup, accessories and theme:
Russian pimps and prostitutes!!
|posted by Nomes @ Wednesday, January 10, 2007